Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vjain
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote vjain Replybullet Topic: Running totals
     Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 5:19am
Hi,
I am working on Crystal Reports 9, and am trying to generate a report wherein I need to get the total for each id's. For eg, a id 125 (not unique) may have 3 records, and each having an amount, I need to get the total for each id, i.e for 125.
I have added a Group Header, and have added this to the running totals:

Field to Summarize (Command.Total)
Type of Summary (Sum)
Evaluate for each record

Reset (On change of group) Command.Jobsheetid



When I try this, I get only the first record amount, and not the other records for an id.
Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 1:45pm
Where are you putting the data on your report?  If you need the data in the header then you'll be better of using a regular Summary instead of a running total. 
 
I assume your group is on the ID.  Click on the "sigma" button (large angular 'E'), select your Total field and select the ID field as the group level.  A new object will show up in the goup footer, but you can move it to the header.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
vjain
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote vjain Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 9:54pm
Yeah, I am having the total on a Group header, and the group is on the ID. The report has to display based on From and To dates, and display the totals of each of the id's, within that date range.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 6:47am
Then you definitely need to user a regular summary instead of a running total.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum