Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Show all Blank Records in a Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mgonzalez
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote mgonzalez Replybullet Topic: Show all Blank Records in a Report
     Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 2:01pm
Hello All,
 
I had a question about blank records in a dataset (in this case an Excel Spreadsheet).
 
I have an excel spreadsheet with a good number of columns (about 22). There are a lot more but I want to have the report only show on the 22 columns. In anycase, what i want to do is build something that I can place into a Crystal Report that will show all the non-valued (ie: blank) records of a particular column.
 
Example:
 
A    B         C        D        E
5  Joe     Smith    NY    11548
6  Matt   Smith            11208
7  John   Foigis   NJ    
 
and so on and so forth.....
 
I want the report to state the following:
 
 
Matt Smith
 
D
 
in other words.....
 
 
<Name of Person (in the real case it will be a business name)>
<field that is blank>
 
 
Is there someway to do this in CR?
 
Thanks.
 
 
--Matt
IP IP Logged
ezeney
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote ezeney Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 3:00pm
I am sure there are many different ways to do this.  Following is the way I would do:
 
Create a Formula Field with this formula:
 
If ISNULL(Column_Name D) Then 'Column_Name D'
 
You may need to make as many as your spreadsheet has.
 
Then create a text object right after your customer's name field in the detail area and drag & drop above Formula Fields into the box.
 
Let me know if I understood your question correctly.


Edited by ezeney - 30 Sep 2008 at 3:02pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum