Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: non-recurring field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
HolyCow
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote HolyCow Replybullet Topic: non-recurring field
     Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 2:47pm
Is there a way to sum a non-recurring field?  I have a detail line that shows employee hours, I have it calculated so that "if hours less than 40 then show hours, if hours greater than 40 then subtract 40 to devise overtime"  I have three groupings and need to be able to sub-total by all three groups, but can't because of the "non-recurring" problem, whats the fix? Stern%20Smile I had considered a table, and that may be the answer but is there an easier way, and if not, how exactly does one do the "put it in the table and calculate from there?"  Any help would be greatly appreciated....
IP IP Logged
saoco77
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote saoco77 Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 5:12pm
One idea create a formula similar to this

if isnull({table.fieldName}) then 0 else {table.fieldName}

and then calculate the sum totals based on this formula.

Posting sample of the data data may help - not sure I completely understand the problem.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum