Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Subreport returns nothing Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 9:53am
I created a report with accounts and a subreport to show the last 4 calls to each account. The report was working fine until me moved the database to a different server. I changed the server credentials in code but report no longer shows the calls. I opened it to discover that there is no link to the subreport but when trying to replace it, nothing seems to work. The main report is using a dotnet dataset, the subreport is using a SQL Server stored procedure which requires a parameter from the main report. In the subreport links dialog, I've tried everything listed but no calls show up. No error message, no calls. Can anyone help me to troubleshoot this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 10:43am
Have you done a "Set Location" in the subreport to point it to the new database? There are some quirks to how Crystal handles changing the database for stored procs and you seem to have run into one of them.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum