Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Confused with group totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pachjo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pachjo Replybullet Topic: Confused with group totals
     Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 9:55am
Hi,

On my report I have a group header by date and then the detail shows all the relevant guff from the group data from the underlying database.

In the group footer I have a few sum formula that totals the detail sections values.

If I use one date the report look good and works as expected.

But if I have more than 1 date each dates group footer has the sum of all the detailed data repeated.

I thought as the group is on date then the group footer should total only each dates group data?

Have I missed the bleedin obvious???

Thanks





IP IP Logged
pachjo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pachjo Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 12:53pm
OK so I have now found on this site how to almost get what I require!

Rather than create a formula (doh) all I needed to do was right click on the detail field and choose Insert Summary and hey presto, I'm there..almost!

So I now have 4 summary fields, lets call them A, B, C and D.

What I need to do is if C > 0 then display the value C but force D to disply 0 even if D has a value.

I have tried the select expert but cannot work this section out?

Any pointers please?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum