Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreport prompts for parms for every record Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tonimc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote tonimc Replybullet Topic: Subreport prompts for parms for every record
     Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 12:52pm
I have 2 PeopleSoft queries that are prompting on the same values (EffDate, EffSeq, Action, Action_Reason).  One query supplies the container (heading and footer information) and the second query has the meat of the report.  When I run these queries independently, I am only prompted once for the variables.  (Once for each query).

I am only linking the subreport to the main report by a fifth value (employeeid), however, everytime I flip to the next employee, I am prompted again for the EffDate, EffSeq, Action, Action_Reason.  

The report pulls the accurate data, it just prompts for every employee record.  If I don't link by employee, the result is one to many records.

The second query (subreport) needs to run independently (can not use the variables from the main report) because the query itself has the logic to pull the current employee detail record and the previous employee detail record.

I am using Crystal 9 and Oracle 9i
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 1:50pm

If the query in the subreport required these variable, then you have to provide them somehow - either by linking them from the main report or by setting them manually every time the query runs.  If you have some way of re-writing the query so that you don't need the params, then you'll be able to get rid of the prompts for them.

 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum