Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports 2008 & ASP Classic Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Letters
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Letters Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports 2008 & ASP Classic
     Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:42am

We have a legacy web system written in ASP Classic / VBScript

A new client wants to use the web system but as they've bought a new server they've got Crystal Reports 2008.
 
I think they've ony got the Developer version.
 
Does anyone know if we can call Crystal 2008 Reports over the web using VBScript code? All the sample code I keep seeing is for .NET.
 
Or would they need Crystal Reports Server? I don't think they have this at the moment.
 
Thanks.
 
IP IP Logged
Letters
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Letters Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 3:07am

Umm...anyone? :o|

 
I have emailed Business Objects with the same question.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 9:21am
Unfortunately, I don't know. I've been doing .NET for the past 5-6 years and haven't looked at how ASP works with any of the new releases. Sorry.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum