| Author |
Message |
FerdieBanu
Newbie
Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Topic: Display Text Only In Page 2 Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 9:17pm |
Hi, I'm a newbie in Crystal.
I have an Invoice Report. Inside the report should print a text contains 'Terms and Conditions' should Print on page 2 only.
For example.
Page Header 1 - Title
Group 1 - Invoice Header
Group 2 - Invoice Header 2
Group 3 - Invoice Header 3
Details
Group Footer 1 - (suppressed)
Group Footer 2 - (suppressed)
Group Footer 3 - (suppressed)
RF - Print on last Page.
I have tried some combination to display the text 'Terms and Condition' in different section but failed. Don't know where and how to put the text and what the function to use to print it in Page 2. 
Please Help.
Thanks in advance
Ferdie
Edited by FerdieBanu - 07 Sep 2008 at 9:17pm
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
hsmead
Newbie
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 3:20am |
To get it to only print on the last page, open the section expert and for the section it is in, add the following formula for conditional suppression: PageNumber=1 or you could use PageNumber<>2. If it is the last thing to print in the report I would put it in the report footer.
|
|
Heather Phillips
803-834-6924
hsmead@aol.com
www.AccountingSolutionsForLess.com
|
IP Logged |
|
FerdieBanu
Newbie
Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 8:25am |
Hi,
Thanks for prompt reply.
My invoice report generates more than two pages (depending on the transation). But I want only to print the text field that contains 'Terms and conditions' only in page 2, the rest are continuation of printing of each section in the report.
I tried to insert another page header section and put the text, open the section expert and write this formula:
if pagenumber <> 2 then YES ELSE NO
But it doesnt work, any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Ferdie
|
IP Logged |
|
hsmead
Newbie
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 8:32am |
Change the conditional suppression formula to just: PageNumber<>2
|
|
Heather Phillips
803-834-6924
hsmead@aol.com
www.AccountingSolutionsForLess.com
|
IP Logged |
|
hsmead
Newbie
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 8:33am |
|
Place it in the page footer with the conditional suppression formula: PageNumber<>2
|
|
Heather Phillips
803-834-6924
hsmead@aol.com
www.AccountingSolutionsForLess.com
|
IP Logged |
|
FerdieBanu
Newbie
Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 08 Sep 2008 at 8:49am |
Hi,
Just to correct my code :
I put " If pagenumber <> 2 then NO ELSE YES"
I tried your suggestion but the text it didnt print in page 2.
Anyways, I still appreaciate your help. But if you have other ideas, please let me know.
Ferdie
|
IP Logged |
|
JohnT
Groupie
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 92
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 8:15am |
Try just using 'pagenumber<>2'
The idea of the supression formula is to supress if the formula is true.
This means supress if page number <> 2 and print if pagenumber = 2. You don't need the 'if' or the 'then no else yes' part of the statement. Edited by JohnT - 09 Sep 2008 at 8:15am
|
IP Logged |
|
hsmead
Newbie
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 9:36am |
Right, that should do it.
Heather
|
IP Logged |
|
FerdieBanu
Newbie
Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 2:29am |
Ok, guys i'm gonna test your suggestion once I get back in the office until next week. for the mean time, I will keep this topic open.
I will give a feedback once I try and test your suggestion.
Many Thanks.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|