Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CavGuy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote CavGuy Replybullet Topic: Crosstab Reports
     Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 7:10am
I am fairly new to Crystal Reports but am trying to get up to speed so many of the reports I have to provide can be run by an enduser as opposed to me having to run it for them through a download into Excel.
 
I am trying to calculate workforce diversity percentages to track the success of our Affirmative Action Plan.  What I want to do with a cross tab is calcluate percentages against the grand total, either by department or organization wide.  Using the table below, I would like to be able to calculate the percentages for each category (Asian Female) based of of the Grand Total (48).  The crosstab function in Crystal looks like it calculates based off of the group total (Asian Female is calculated based off the Femal total).  Is there someway I can get it to use the Grand Total?
Count of ID Gender    
Ethnic Grp F M Grand Total
Asian 1 1 2
Black/African American 3   3
Hispanic/Latino 10 1 11
White 30 2 32
Grand Total 44 4 48
 
Any Help would be appreciated, just remember I am farily new, so I will need the remedial version.
Thanks! CavGuy
IP IP Logged
dfolzenlogen
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote dfolzenlogen Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 3:37am
Have you tried going thru Crosstab Expert to "Change Summary" ==> selecting the option "Show as a percentage of" ==> and then selecting "column" vs "row"?
 
I did not take the time to recreate your crosstab and the grouping within but this might work.
IP IP Logged
CavGuy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote CavGuy Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 6:19am
I have tried this and it still gives me the percentage just against that row's total.  I believe this can be done, but just can't figure it out.  thanks for your response!
Thanks! CavGuy
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum