Hello,
I am using Crystal 10 and creating a report to track on time shipments. I am grouping by customer. My ship date field is in the header table and my promise date field is in the detail table so the report returns a line for each item on the order. Since we ship complete I just want to show one line for each order. I used this formula in section expert, detail section to suppress extra detail records:
{Header.SalesOrderNo} = previous ({Header.SalesOrderNo})
I get the results I want.
I then use a formula field "delta" to calculate the difference in the promise date to the ship date.
{Header.ShipDate}-{Detail.PromiseDate}
I then use some running total fields to get my total orders, on time orders and late orders. I am getting the correct totals for "total orders" and "late Orders" but not for "On Time orders".
These are the formula's I am using:
For total orders: summarize on field header.order number, type is count, evaluate on change of field using header.order number field. This returns the correct number.
For On Time orders: summarize on formula field "delta", type is count, evaluate on Formula which is; {Header.SalesOrderNo}<>previous({Header.SalesOrderNo}) and
{@Delta}<=0. This returns a total one less then I expect. For the heck of it I added +1 at the end of the formula and my total increased by two. ???
For Late orders: summarize on formula field "delta", type is count, evaluate on Formula which is; {Header.SalesOrderNo}<>previous({Header.SalesOrderNo}) and
0">{@Delta}>0. This returns the correct number.
So what is wrong with the On Time running total? Should I have approached this a different way? I thought about grouping by the formula field "delta" but I didn't know how to just make two groups; one group where the delta<=0 (my on time group) and the other group delta>0 my late group.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Joel