| Author |
Message |
JimKnecht
Newbie
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Is mutiple formatting in one field possible? Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 1:34pm |
|
Hi I am modifying a report that came with software the company I work for uses, the software is called E-Automate. There are several reports it can generate that it outputs to crystal. The field currently has the following code:
{ICItems.Item}+chr(32)+{ICItems.Description}
I would like {ICItems.Item} to show up in Arial and {ICItems.Description} to show in Times New Roman. Is there a way to do this.
I can't really split it into 2 fields because the .item filed can be a few numbers or many numbers which then bleed over top of the .description or get cut off if I shorten the filed. In other words lets say I have:
123 Copier 1 25323456785 Software Product
I would get either:
123 Copier 1
25323456785 Software Product
which wasts a lot of space considering there are only a few with long item numbers
or
123 Copier 1
2532Software Product
which cuts off the numbers.
I would not mind splitting them if there was some way the .description field could automatically continue after the .item field but I cannot find a way to do this. I can only move the start of a field at design and don't see a way to move it as it is generating the report, at least not in any of the formatting tabs.
I have not used crystal much but I have been programming (more as hobby then professional) since the 80s (Commodore 64 up to Intel pentiums (8/16/32 bit Assembly, VB5, VB.net, PHP, Lua, html)) so I am not intimidated if you wanna throw code it the post.
Thanks
|
|
------
Jim
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
|

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 2:03pm |
|
Okay, without trying to figure out all the variations you can go through, if you have access to the report in design mode, you can put multiple fields in a text box and it does "self-concatenation". Then you can format each field individually even though that are in one big text field.
|
|
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
|
IP Logged |
|
JimKnecht
Newbie
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 2:11pm |
|
Awesome I just tried that and it works great, I would not have though of that since I don't know crystal all that well yet. Thanks Brian!
|
|
------
Jim
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|