Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Change size of footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Ayrton
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Ayrton Replybullet Topic: Change size of footer
     Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 7:37am
My page footer is set to a size to accomodate 1 line of text.  However as there may be more than 1 line I have set the field in it 'can grow'.  However the page footer does not grow to accomodate the field if it is enlarged.
 
The field does grow if I give set the page footer to be bigger, but that means if the field is only 1 line long I have white space at the bottom of my page footer.
 
Having tried the same thing in other sections like Report Footer, they do grow if the fields in them need it - seems to me it is only the Page Footer than cannot change size at the time of rendering - but that it is the one I want.
 
Am I missing something obvious, or is there a workaround?


Edited by Ayrton - 25 Jul 2008 at 7:38am
IP IP Logged
DomCotton
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote DomCotton Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 7:09am
Hi,
 
You could try creating multiple Page Footer sections (a, b, etc) then use code to suppress them if necessary (you may have to split up the string in the field manually - not sure if you can do that or not?).
 
Just an idea...
Dom
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum