Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Print Time Formula Error in Chart Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
BlakeJ
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote BlakeJ Replybullet Topic: Print Time Formula Error in Chart
     Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 7:23am
I have a query that's bringing in applications received, applications worked and the percentage (apps worked/apps received), grouped by month.  I need to put a running percentage total into a line graph.  I can't do just a running total on the percentage because the numbers come out too large.
 
One variable I tired (the most logical approach) takes two running totals and divides them:
NumberVar RunWorkTot := RunWorkTot + Sum({Perform.WORKED_COUNT},{Perform.MONTH});
NumberVar RunAppTot := RunAppTot + Sum({Perform.APP_COUNT},{Perform.MONTH});
Numbervar RunPctTot := (RunWorkTot / RunAppTot) * 100;
RunPctTot;
 
This one works when I put it into the group header or footer, but when I try to put it into the graph (with or without summarizing) I get this error:
 
"A print time formula that modifies variables is used in a chart or map."
 
I also tried the same approach by using standard running totals for apps worked and apps received by month, and then created a variable that takes the percentage of these. Again, it works in a group header or footer but I continue to get the same error as above when I try to put it in a chart.
 
Does anyone know of a way to get a "print time" running total formula into a graph?
Blake
IP IP Logged
BlakeJ
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote BlakeJ Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 1:36pm
Never mind.  I found the solution in a search on the Internet in a Business Objects/Crystal article (cr9_charting_print_time.pdf).
 
In a nutshell, it is possible to use print-time variables in a report.  You need to do it in a sub-report, though, by passing shared variables.  It's tricky and takes a while to understand the whole procedure but I finally got it to work.
Blake
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum