Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Two Tables - Only reporting data from One? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cmainard
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote cmainard Replybullet Topic: Two Tables - Only reporting data from One?
     Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 5:06pm

Any help on this would be great.

My report reads from MS Access tables:
one contains transactions (IF ANY) for "account"
one contains Year end values for "account"
and
one contains name/address data
 
there may be multiple transactions, buys and sells - but only one year end value.
 
When I run, it will ONLY return a Year End value IF there are transactions, but I want it to show the year end value no matter what (in some cases, the "account" holds the asset but did not trade it in that period)
 
I've tried messing with the links... etc... to no avail... I'm guessing I'm missing something fairly simple??
 
Thanks so very much!!
thank you for helping
IP IP Logged
saoco77
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote saoco77 Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 6:15pm
I agree it's likely an issue with links.

It sounds like you currently have an inner join between the two tables when you need a left outter join between the year end table and the transactions table.

On the links tab you can delete and manually redraw the connections between the tables.

This might solve the issue - I often run into issues with the automatic links that are initially done by Crystal Reports.

Sarah
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 1:21pm

As I like to say, Automatic Smart-Linking isn't smart.  I ALWAYS turn it off when I install Crystal.

You want to draw your link FROM the Year-End table TO the Transactions table.  Or, if your Address information is the master data for the account, draw your links from that to both Year-End and Transactions.  Then right-click on the link to Transactions and select "Link Options".  On the screen that appears, select "Left Outer Join".

 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
cmainard
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote cmainard Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 1:47pm
Thanks! This seemed to do the trick, I thank you both very much :-)
thank you for helping
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum