Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: URGENT 'Number'Field is omitting records with text Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sashalewis1014
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote sashalewis1014 Replybullet Topic: URGENT 'Number'Field is omitting records with text
     Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 8:01am
I have a .csv file that I am using as my file database (it is a report
from a CMS system to import into our donor database).

When I look at the field explorer it shows the {Participant Member ID}
as a number field. So I opened the csv file, formatted the cells to
text and saved it because some ID's have text.

However, when I open the CR file and update the database location, it
omits any cells that contain text. Our ID's have text in them so I need
it to come through. How do I change the field type so that it will read
the numbers with text and actually output them?
Sasha Lewis
Database Development Manager
PKD Foundation
sashal@Pkdcure.org
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 12:41pm

Does your output data have quotes around all of the strings? (look at the .csv file in a text editor instead of in Excel!)  Are there quotes around the Member ID field?  If not, there need to be.  For report design purposes, I would also make sure that the first record in the file is one that has text in the Member ID field.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum