| Author |
Message |
joecarde
Newbie
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Topic: Restrict Results Within Groups Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 12:45pm |
|
Hello --
I've searched for this, but I think I'm not using the right terms for the concept.
I am doing a Bottom 3 report, but this report is on a per group basis. If I use the Group Sorter I only get the bottom 3 groups, but what I need is the bottom 3 records for each group.
I've tried using the Section Expert for suppression in Details but that only gives me the first 3 records, same for Group level.
Any ideas?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
venkatesha
Newbie
Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
|

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 3:53am |
|
Use the Record Sort Expert and sort the field that is placed in detail section accordingly, which I think will solve your problem
Cheers
Venkatesh
|
IP Logged |
|
joecarde
Newbie
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 7:08am |
|
That still shows me every record within any group. I want to restrict the details to the worst 3 (in terms of time), and suppress the.
It seems I can't suppress the number of records by group, at least not using the Group Sort expert.
Is there an option I'm missing?
|
IP Logged |
|
joecarde
Newbie
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 7:37am |
|
OK, figured it out, I was way over-thinking this.
I created a Running Total for each detail record, set to reset upon change of group.
Then, with the Section Expert I suppressed using the forumla:
#RTotal0 > 3
Thus, only 3 records per group are printed.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|