Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR2008 not displaying French Characters - Help! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MDRussell
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote MDRussell Replybullet Topic: CR2008 not displaying French Characters - Help!
     Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:53am
Hi all,

I've been having this problem since CR10 honestly, but it's just now really creeped up as something people want fixed.

the name "Rhéal", is coming up as Rh[] - where [] is a small square, obviously representing an unprintable character. I've tried all of the unicode fonts available in the font drop down. Funny enough, Arial Unicode MS displays it with a chinese character (???), I don't know what to think.

I'm using Postgres with a Unicode ODBC driver. Everything else works fine, just these characters are messing me up.

Thanks for any advice..

Mitch
IP IP Logged
MDRussell
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote MDRussell Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:59am
As a follow up, I just dumped a bunch of chinese text into one of the fields, and CR outputted it with tons of question marks, and then in another field I pasted a bunch of french text, and it came up with more squares.. so I have a feeling the unicode isn't coming through properly.. but I don't understand why. :\


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum