Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Trim to the '@' in an email address Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
scottjball
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote scottjball Replybullet Topic: Trim to the '@' in an email address
     Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 9:13am
Hi All...

It's been yonks since i've had to do reports in CR.  I'm scratching my head on how to extract the domain from an email address..

I seem to remember a trimto function but it does not seem to work correctly.

Thanks in advance

Scott
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 10:18am
Hi Scott,
 
 
output
 
@hotmail.com
 
Cheers
Rahul
 
 
IP IP Logged
scottjball
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote scottjball Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 12:18pm
Thansk for that... But I need to take it a sted further...

Basically i need to extract the domain name from the email address.

I created a formula called domain:

mid({'All_Members_'.HOME_EMAIL_ADDRESS},instrrev({'All_Members_'.HOME_EMAIL_ADDRESS},'@'))
which returns
@domainname

I've done a second formula  called domaintrim
Mid ({@Domain}, 2 , 100 )

Which returns domainname

Only problem when i try to group or order the report by domaintrim

i get the following error:

Start position is less that 1 or not an interger.

Basically i need a report that groups all the records of the report by the domain name.

Thansks

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum