Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Publishing on web or html preview Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nkm129
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote nkm129 Replybullet Topic: Publishing on web or html preview
     Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 6:07am
Hi,
 
I am new to crystal report and I downloaded crystal report 2008 trial version from BO site.
 
I am able to create crystal report and able to see print preview.
 
But I want to see HTML preview but don't know
 
1) What is RAS Server (Do I need to install RAS from any site)
 
As I have said I only downloaded Crystal Report 2008 but I am not sure what else I need to download to see preview in HTML.
 
2) What is BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository and how can it be useful.
 
Plesae explain as I am able to develop report but I think not able to manage it.
 
Thanks!
N
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 12:26pm
Both RAS and BOE are for big companies with big budgets. You are basically putting all your reports on a central server so that they are easier to manage and distribute to employees. You can also store custom report objects in teh repository so that they can be shared among a team of report writers.

What you are doing is running Crystal Reports on your desktop computer which lets you preview them or export them to a common format (PDF, Word, etc) and email them to people. The desktop version doesn't give you the ability to do HTML preview.

Since you're new to Crystal Reports, you might benefit from getting a copy of my Crystal Reports Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum