|
I have a pesky bug in CR 2008 that's been there since CR 9 (and possibly earlier). When editing in Preview mode, I often select two or more controls and then use nudge (Ctrl + an arrow key) to move them into alignment. Intermittently, and especially if I nudge too far or too fast, this causes Crystal (Crw32.exe) to crash. When this happens I lose all my work since the last save. It even fails in some of the demo reports supplied in the install package.
I submitted an official bug report; it is reproducible by BO and they acknowledge the problem, but won't fix the bug 1) since there are other ways to move controls, 2) unless I can justify their effort by quantifying the impact in my company and 3) (by implication) unless that impact is significant. But as far as I know, I am the only one using it here and at the most, there may be only a few others using CR.
Since I personally can't justify a fix, are there other folks in this forum that have experienced the same problem?
|