Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Group Footer When Only 1 Record Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
KayB
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote KayB Replybullet Topic: Suppress Group Footer When Only 1 Record
     Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 8:35am
(In Crystal Reports X) I have a Group Footer that contains a Total field, and my company's client wants the Total field to disappear when there is only one record for a group. (Because it would be redundant to display a total field when there is only one payment to display).
 
So I right-clicked on the GroupFooter, and clicked Seciton Expert. I checked the "Suppress (No Drill-Down)" checkbox, and clicked on the x-2 formaula button next to the Suppress checkbox. I entered the formula "RecordNumber <= 1". I was hoping this would tell Crystal to suppress the footer (that contains the Total field) if there was only one record in the group.
 
However, this doesn't work at all, and neither do variations of this formula.
 
Please help! How do I suppress a group footer if there is only one record in the group?
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2008 at 6:43am
Hi
 
The below formula is sample it is the same forumla which will be created on the group field and summary field that you have created to display the count for the group so just double click on that when you in suppress x+2 formula window and enter =1 at end
 
Count ({fld}, {condfld}) = 1
 
That should do the trick
 
cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum