Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Counting on derived fields? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
annc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote annc Replybullet Topic: Counting on derived fields?
     Posted: 30 May 2008 at 7:16am
I have done a Crystal Report on reasons why donor records are archived, with a group for the main reason (e.g. Goneaway, Complaint, but there are two items I would like to include but don’t know how (Blackbaud say that it can be done, but is not covered by our support contract.):

           

I have exported the number of donations, but merely wish to count records in each ‘reason’ group where the number is 0, or is greater than 0 - i.e. non-donors and donors.
 
I would like to do a cross-tab report where the columns will be the year of the Archived Attribute date, so that we can see how the different reasons relate to different years – e.g. are more or fewer people complaining now than 5 years ago?
 
Ann
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:32pm
What have you tried so far? I would create a cross-tab and use the reason field as the row. For the columns, use the date field and then set the Group Option to only use the Year.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum