Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Response.Write/Debug.Print Equivalent Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bobbabuoy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote bobbabuoy Replybullet Topic: Response.Write/Debug.Print Equivalent
     Posted: 29 May 2008 at 2:57pm
Is there a way to see what I am getting from parameter fields, etc in CR 8 like I can in ASP or VB as per above? When testing a report I would like it to break and show me my parameter field values. Possible?

Thanks.....
IP IP Logged
Iago
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Quote Iago Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2008 at 1:27pm
I am going to guess that I do not understand the question, I am sorry if my answers makes no sense.
 
1) Drag the parameter onto the report header
 
2) Show SQL query under the database menu
 
3) Run SQL profiler or similar tool and record the query that is sent to the database server
IP IP Logged
bobbabuoy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote bobbabuoy Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2008 at 2:09pm
I guess that makes sense.  I was looking for the execution to "break" so I could see the data that is being returned although I guess you are correct that dragging the fields onto the report and your sql query tips should do what I want to do.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum