Originally posted by Luis2101
Hello everyone. I have to create a series of reports that have pivot table functionality (the user can select and update the various fields the table shows).
Yes, the Excel interactive pivot tables and charts are nice. I'm trying to do something similar. Keep in mind that I'm relatively new to Crystal and that I'm using CR 2008.
My example is displaying computer utilizations for many computers for every hour of every day last month. There are too many computers and too many times to display it all at once, so give the user control to zoom into time periods and computers of interest.
I was thinking to get all the data for last month then use parameters to filter the saved data (datetimes and computers) before it is put into a cross-tab and charted. So users pick and enter parameters, refresh the report, and see new charts and tables.
I've prototyped this, but I was using the parameter values to filter the records retrieved into the report; i.e., changing the parameters caused new data to be reselected. Can I use parameters to filter the 'saved data' and not have to be connected to the data source?
I'd like to have users be able to view and interact with the report without having to be connected to the data source and without needing to have Crystal Reports. Can this be done say with the Report Viewer?
I also had the parameters (datetime and computers) dropdowns fixed; I'd like to have the initialized from the retrieved data. How to do this?
Hope this helps.