Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: for next loop question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
joeld_mn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote joeld_mn Replybullet Topic: for next loop question
     Posted: 02 May 2008 at 12:57pm
I want use the number from a database field and create line feeds equal to that number.  (The larger the number the more space I have in the report). I have been reading about for next loops and do while crystal syntax, but I just don't get it.  Or maybe I don't get where I should be putting the logic in the report?  Is it a formula field I create?  Or maybe I don't want to use for next loop?  Seem like this should be so simple.
 
Any help would be appreciated.
Joel
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:53pm
What's the largest number of line feeds that you need?  You may be able to simulate this in a much easier way by creating a bunch of detail sections (assuming you need this at the detail level) after the section where you need your line feeds.  For each section put something like this in the suppress formula:
 
{data field} < X
 
Where X is 1 for the first section, 2 for the section, etc.
 
This probably won't work if you need lots of line feeds, but it might serve your needs.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
joeld_mn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote joeld_mn Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:32pm
Thank you Dell.  That worked for our purpose.
 
Joel
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum