Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Integration Crystal Reports XI R2 with VS 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mrowa
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mrowa Replybullet Topic: Integration Crystal Reports XI R2 with VS 2008
     Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 12:29am
I have working and tested project which was developed under Visual Studio 2005 (ASP.NET) and Crystal Reports XI R2. Reports are displayed on web page using component CrystalReportsViewer -> version of dll 11.5.2700.0. Additionally user can generate pdf reports directly, without using component CrystalReportViewer.
Recently problems:
I want to migrate whole project:
1.       Windows Server 2003 -> Windows Server  2008
2.       Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio 2008
3.       Crystal Reports XI R2  - the same for both environment
Recently I have problem with components which is used to display reports (tables and graphs) CrystalReportViewer.
a.       CrystalReportViewer in version 10.5.3700.0 don’t display reports at all. I got only error message.
b.      CrystalReportViewer in version 11.5.3700.0 display reports, but instead graphic (logo, chars), I see only red cross (can’t display object)
What surprised me I was able to create new project in new environment (Windows Server 2008 and VisualStudio2008), which generate and display all reports correctly – including graphic. This new project use dll 10.5.3700.0 Unfortunately, what I have wrote before this version of dll don’t work with project which I have made before (CrystalReportViewer).
Conclusion
Was anyone was able to migrate Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2008 using the same version of CrystalReports XI R2
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum