Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Duplicate Record Details/One to many table Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hakapkr
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote hakapkr Replybullet Topic: Duplicate Record Details/One to many table
     Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:47pm

A report I'm working on has a one to many table relationship and I wish to hide the 'duplicate' records in the details section (not duplicate records in the true sense). I have a full outer join between two tables hldlnk.bib and sbn.number. Hldlnk.bib links to other tables to produce bibliographic information for a book (author, title etc.). sbn.number stores the isbn number for the book. However some books have two or more isbn numbers in the sbn.number table causing multiple records to appear in the details section.

Is there a way to have only one record appear in the details section even if a record has multiple entries in the sbn.number table?
IP IP Logged
andymc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote andymc Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 9:36am
One way is to group on {hldlnk.bib.sbn.number}, move the detail fields to the group footer and supress the Group Header and Detail sections.  
Andymc
IP IP Logged
hakapkr
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote hakapkr Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:40pm
Hi...Thanks for your response. Due to the use of the report I really need to keep the grouping as it is. What I'm wondering is can I use a formula to suppress these records - I have a field in the report itn.id which gives each items barcode and I would like to know if it's possible if this itn.id appears again to suppress that field and also the associated information that comes with that record (ie title, author etc. Basically remove that line from the report). I know I can suppress these at the format field level from displaying but this only removes that field and not the other fields for that record.
Perhaps this is not possible?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum