Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Very basic question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jommie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jommie Replybullet Topic: Very basic question
     Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 10:08am
Ok bear with me but I am a complete noob at the crystal report formula thing, I have a report that is pulling employee's hourly wage information, I want to enter a formula that will multiply the field containing the hourly wage by 2080 (number of hours in a year) so that the yearly salary not hourly wage is displayed in that column of the report.  Anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.
IP IP Logged
jommie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jommie Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 10:24am
link to what I am looking at if it helps http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crystalmu8.jpg
 
Also I am stuck using Crystal 8.5.  Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:32am
The formula should be pretty simple.  Create a new formula in the Field Explorer window (not sure what its called in CR 8.5) and give it a name. Then enter similar code to this (using the correct table and field name):
{table.rate field}*2080

Save the formula and then drag and drop it onto your report in the Details section.

I have all the Crystal Reports functions documented with sample code in three chapters of my Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.

Edited by BrianBischof - 16 Apr 2008 at 11:34am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum