|
First of all I have no control of the database I am reading from so I cannot create temp tables or records in the database. I cannot ever read the tables directly I am passed a results set to work with.
I need to display info in a Cross Tab report layout. There are three columns and multiple rows. The columns headers are High, Medium, Low. The rows are problem report areas. I would like a cross tab that displays how many high, medium, and low problem reports are submitted for each report area. The header info is stored in a column called priority and the problem report areas are stored in a column called report_area.
So it would look like the below report.
High Medium Low Total Hardware 1 2 0 3 Software 3 0 5 8 User 0 0 10 10 ROW#N value n value n
You get the idea.
The problem is that for each row of the result set, there is only one value for priority (high ,medium, or low) but for the report_area values, they are stored as a space delimited value. Meaning each record can be associated with one or more report_areas.
Is it possible with the features provided by Crystal Reports to put this info into a cross tab report. Right now I have a cross tab report for each report_area. I would like to put it into one report.
|