Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Exporting reports based on group Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 9:56am
I have a report that I created a couple of years ago. We have been outputting the report as a single large PDF. But now I have been asked to output individual PDFs based on groups within the report.
I have been looking for some method to allow me to automate this process. I'd like to be able to export the report and end up with a unique PDF for each member of my group, with the PDF names being something like A123.pdf with A123 is the name of the group.
Manually doing this isn't really an option, as there are over 4000 unique groups in this report.
Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 4:07pm
This is just an idea.
You might create that report based on Business views. So a particular group can view only records related to that group. So you schedule that report in BOXI. So when the report runs for each group, it will print only the info for that group.
The other option:
create a parameter = groupname in the report.
Based on the value of the parameter, group the records. So a user can print that report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum