Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report viewing question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
stevbren
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote stevbren Replybullet Topic: Report viewing question
     Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 1:30pm
I have a report that our shipping deptartment really likes. They want to view it on a 50" tv turned vertical like departure gate info at some airports.  This way they can see many shipping lines without scrolling.
When I display the report on another tv, the same data shows as on my 22" monitor, only larger.
 
Anyone have experience in how I go about designing and making this happen?
IP IP Logged
IdoMillet
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Quote IdoMillet Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 2:34pm
You need to design the report for an appropriate printer and page size.
Alternatively, use Crystal 2008.  It has an option for displaying reports without physical page restrictions.

- Ido 
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.
www.MilletSoftware.com
IP IP Logged
stevbren
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote stevbren Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 3:00am
I will upgrade to Crystal 2008. If I have a 50" tv, do I set it up for a 50" page size?
I have never designed for anything but a 8.5x11 sheet or a regular monitor.
IP IP Logged
IdoMillet
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Quote IdoMillet Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 4:37am
In Crystal, under File, Page Setup...
you turn on the option of: 'Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Page Size'.

- Ido
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.
www.MilletSoftware.com
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum