Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: percentage of aggregated dimension Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
reispedro
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote reispedro Replybullet Topic: percentage of aggregated dimension
     Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 7:36am

Hi,

 

I’ve got the following information to process, it correspond to the numbers of tecnhical  incidents/cases closed at first contact, for each dimension (day, problem, service type)

 

DAY                       SERVICE TYPE    PROBLEM_ID   TOTAL_INCIDENTS    FIRST CONTACT     % FIRST CONTACT          

2008-01-02         STD                        1                             17                                        6                                       0.352                                        

2008-01-02         STD                        10                           5                                          3                                       0.600                                     

2008-01-02         STD                        5                             20                                        13                                     0.650                             

 

 

I need to build a chart and a cross-tab tab   to show the % of first contact for each Day

 

In the above case this value should be 0,5238   (6+3+13 / 17+5+20 ), however when I build the table , I’m not being able to get this value.

 

In both cases if I choose my summarized field to be the average of   "%Firstcontact" field , or if i create a calculated formula field  (FIRST CONTACT / TOTAL_INCIDENTS), I get a different value of 0,5238    because crystal do the average of (0,352   and 0,6 and 0,65    = 0,534)

 

 

How could I get crystal to do the math that I need ?

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 9:56am

It looks like the decimals are being rounded to 3 when you need 4.  Have you tried reformatting the object on the report that contains your average?  Righ-click on it and select Format.  Go to the Number tab and set it to format the way you want it.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
reispedro
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote reispedro Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 10:39am
Even so, the values are diferent (0,5343 and 0,5238), i don't think this is a decimal issue
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum