Been having a good poke around in Crystal for the first time although used VB .NET for a fair while. I figured I'd start with something simple, one of the CSV files (little at the time did I know the CSV issues)
Anyway to cut a long story short a standard CSV export just isn't working
What I would expect to get on the first few lines:
PersonID|DirectorID|Title|Name|ExecStatus|JobTitle|Holding|Score|Age
88506|415356||A'Brassard,Nigel.Courtenay|Non-Executive||||
83735|411813||Aa,Richard.Olav|Executive||7411228|38|
What I actually get:
PersonID|DirectorID|Title|Name|ExecStatus|JobTitle|Holding|Score
|Age
88506|415356||A'Brassard, Nigel. Courtenay|Non-Executive||||52
83735|411813||Aa, Richard. Olav|Executive||7411228|38|
And for the life of me I can't work out why it's forcing the Age column onto a new line, if I delete the Age column I get the following:
PersonID|DirectorID|Title|Name|ExecStatus|JobTitle|Holding|Score
88506|415356||A'Brassard, Nigel. Courtenay|Non-Executive|||
83735|411813||Aa, Richard. Olav|Executive||7411228|38
Which again I don't understand where there extra 2 blank lines are coming from, I have them supressed in Crystal, in the Export criteria I have
Report and Page sections selected the Export with Isolate Report/Page sections and Group desctions set not to export.
Someone please help this is driving me crazy and making me thing I should just create all the CSV files straight in .NET which makes me question if we really should get Crystal at all :(
I am also struggling to determine how to set the criteria used in an Export withing VB.NET but I've ignored that for the moment until I can actually get the export right in the first place.
Edited by dave_wright - 27 Mar 2008 at 9:29am