Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Datatype incompatibility while joining two tables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dash_anup2000
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dash_anup2000 Replybullet Topic: Datatype incompatibility while joining two tables
     Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 6:32am
Hi
I am using Crystal XI as reporting tool and Oracle as Databse.
 
I wanted to link two tables (A and B) using databse Exepert in Crystal Report XI 
I need to join two tables A and B using two columns a.c1 and b.c2
(i.e. a.c1=b.c2)
 
But a.c1 is of charcter type and b.c2 is number type.
Can you plz help me out how can I join ?
 
Anup
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 9:00am
You can create a SQL Expression which converts the string to a number and then join the tables together using the SQL Expression field.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
dash_anup2000
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dash_anup2000 Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 7:47am
Hi Brian
  Thanks a lot for responding.
But Can we use the SQL Expression before joining two columns of two source table before linking them using Database Expert-->Link Option.
 
Actually I wanted this join in Database Expert-->Link Option after importing those table from databse to my report location.
Anup
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum