Hi all,
I am a new member to the site, but haven't been able to find an answer for this either here nor anywhere else.
I am currently working on a project at work to create a realtime monitor for the Service Desk. The idea is to have a computer and large screen in the middle of the office to show useful information as it is being updated in the call logging system. The report writing side of this is not a problem, as I am familiar with Crystal Reports. However, my budget for this project is pretty low. The idea I have to get this working is basically to write a website which calls the reports and automatically refreshes every 5/10 seconds.
For examples sake, lets say I have a single report, which I want to display in an HTML document, the report needs to autorefresh every 10 seconds.
I am having difficulty with getting the report to show in the website, I understand that the site will require Javascript (which I only have a very limited knowledge of) to open the report, and the autorefresh can be done in the <head> tag in the HTML (I have a reasonable knowledge of HTML).
If possible, I would like to keep the report and website locally on the machine (as it will only need to run on that machine).
If anyone has any ideas on how to show a crystal report (which autorefreshes), through an HTML document, locally on the machine it would be most helpful.
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Many thanks
Jopesh.