Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Displaying group header in multiple columns Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 9:25am
Hi,
Firstly, forget the group mentioned in the subject.
I am displaying a list of values from a column. This column is placed in the details section of the report AND the option "Format with Multiple Columns" is chosen to wrap the long list of values in to columns.
The problem was that the data had duplicates. Hence, I grouped and showed only the group header, suppressing the footer and details. Now, this resolved the problem of duplicates. But, I am unable to show the values in multiple columns.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 21 Mar 2008 at 3:25pm
I know that doing groups with multiple columns is tricky business. What I've done is create a regular report first and go to the Section Properties and enable the multiple columns property. Then I add the groups to it. This works best for me, but you might need something a little different since you are showing the Details section. Another idea is to use the Report Wizard to create a mailing label report. Even though they sound the same, behind the scenes CR will format the two reports differently. So this might improve your grouping issue.
Try this and let us know what happens.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum