Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: There is No Stupid Question...? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pitbowtek
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote pitbowtek Replybullet Topic: There is No Stupid Question...?
     Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 10:27am
OK, I am to the point of complete frustration over the simplest thing.  So go easy on me if it is so obvious I overlooked something.
 
I have designed the Report and Everything works just the way the Customer wants it. ( I have exported to PDF to send him the examples to view) So now that it is 'ready for use'  How does one distribute a single report for the customers use without it opening in Crystal Reports Design Mode? The customer does own Crystal, but I don't want them having to mess with that, or accidentally mess something up.
 
I want the Customer to click on the Report Icon, it prompts for the Date and Account Ranges then displays the report. I have looked through the books I have and searched on line and I am not coming up with what seems like a simple thing.
 
HELP! Ouch
 
Thanks,
Dean
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 10:53am
This isn't a stupid question becuase BOBJ really hasn't addressed this very well (even though CR has been out for years). They have a new Crystal Viewer which lets the user do just what you want. They install the viewer and then they can view reports without going into design mode. However, it is brand new and it could definitely use more features. Nonetheless, it will probably be all that you need. Secondly, if someone at your organization is a programmer, you can create a simple .NET application to view reports. 
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
fusion
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote fusion Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 11:02am
Brian,
Can you explain more about what a crystal report viewer can do?
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum