Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic images on Web Farm Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
SPetcu
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote SPetcu Replybullet Topic: Dynamic images on Web Farm
     Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 11:53am

I’m using Crystal Reports XI / VS 2003 on a web farm(6 servers) with CrystalReportViewer object model.

The report contains dynamic images (2 on each page). All the images are on a network shared folder.

Occasionally when loaded in the report the images are shown with a red x . It is very inconsistent: sometimes both images appear, sometimes only one, sometime none, sometimes if I refresh the page an image that was displayed just before may show the Red X , and vice versa - I couldn’t find a pattern in this behavior.

Is there a missing setting that I should be aware of?

 

Thank you

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 12:36pm
It will display the red x when it can't get access to the images. It must be having trouble hitting the network consistently.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
SPetcu
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote SPetcu Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 3:19pm

Excepting the dynamic images, all the data are populated correctly. If the issue will be hitting the network I should have troubles getting other information as well, not only the dynamic images.

Are there any special configurations for supporting crystalreportviewer object in a web farm?

For Report Application Server viewer I found in the documentation that are some rules when it is used in a web farm environment. What about crystalreportviewer?

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum