Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Count occurrences Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
oberry
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote oberry Replybullet Topic: Count occurrences
     Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 12:23pm
I have a report that displays grade distribution for all classes during the semester. I want to be able to say MAT 101  has 5 A's 7 B's etc, How do I count the number of occurrences of the grade in a field.
IP IP Logged
mpalecek
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote mpalecek Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 1:33pm
I would do this as a Cross-Tab report, with the students on the left side, grouped by grade on the top, and your summary should be a COUNT.
 
Using the Cross-Tab expert you should be able to move the appropriate fields into the boxes as described above.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum