Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Passing Parameters within Main Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RyanF
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote RyanF Replybullet Topic: Passing Parameters within Main Report
     Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 7:37am
I have a report that I have written and it is prompting for month (01) and year (2008) separately.  I have inserted a prompt for the report as of date (i.e. 01/31/08).  I would like to pass the month and year fields from this prompt to the month and year parameters.  Is there a way to do this?  I would like for the user to only have to enter the as of date not the year and month.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 6:35pm
You can't pass the month prompt to two other prompts, but what you can do instead is use the Month() and Year() functions instead of those prompts in your report. That way the user enters the full date and your report pulls out the data it needs for the record selection formula (or wherever you are using it).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum