Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Multiple Date Range Formula Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 8:59am
A saleman wants to be able to compare any random date range of this fiscal year with the same date range of last year. I made two parameters 1. Start Date this year, 2. End Date this year. I want to write a formula that will use those parameters and automatically chose the same date range of the pervious year. This is what I have: {BOKHST_LINE.DATE_TRX} IN DATE ({?STARTING DATE}) TO DATE ({?ENDING DATE}) OR {BOKHST_LINE.DATE_TRX} IN DATETIMEVALUE (({?STARTING DATE}) -1) TO DATETIMEVALUE (({?ENDING DATE}) -1) The first part works but I get no data for the previous year???? I know the formula is wrong but don't know what to do???
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 2:04pm
The error in the formula is that you are just subracting "-1" from the date field. This just subtracts one day from the date. To get last year's date from a given field, use the Crystal Reports DateAdd() function. You can modify the range to use this formula instead:
IN DateAdd("yyyy",-1,{?STARTING DATE}) TO DateADD("yyyy",-1,{?ENDINGDATE})
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum