Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CrossTab Row and Column Order Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bucky7199
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote bucky7199 Replybullet Topic: CrossTab Row and Column Order
     Posted: 17 Feb 2008 at 1:50pm
Hi All,
I am new to Crystal Reports, been using it for three weeks now. I am creating an income statement for my company.  I am using the crosstab expert. Accounts listed on the left side of the report and months across the top. The months in my database are listed as numbers 1-12. So I created a select, case statement(formula) to list them as months ie Jan, Feb...etc. I ordered the accounts on the left side with a select case too and gave the groups of accounts names, Gen Admin Exp, Salaries etc. Now I want to order the group names so I can get Jan, Feb, Mar etc to print out, not something in descending or ascending order. I want to do the same with the group names on the left hand side. I need them in a specific order. How the heck do I do this?
 
Thanks,
Confused
Dan S.
IP IP Logged
MaddMatt
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote MaddMatt Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 2:26am

Hi Dan,

Rather than use your formula field as the Column Header, use your original field (with the 1-12).  On the Common Tab of the Format Field dialog is a Display String option.  Click the formula button and use the formula
 
Monthname(Currentfieldvalue)
 
You can then sort ascending, as it will use the data in the original field to sort by.
 
Cheers,
 
Matt


Edited by MaddMatt - 18 Feb 2008 at 2:27am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum