Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Prompting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
moleary
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote moleary Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Prompting
     Posted: 11 Feb 2008 at 9:41am
I'm having a very hard time with dynamic prompting in XIR2. Maybe I'm thinking too hard on this but I have multiple reports that need to give me various parameters based off company. From the prompting.rpt in my examples I get how to create it but it doesn't seem to give me what I want. Example one of my reports I need the following parameters based off company
 
COMPANY
DOCTOR
FACILTY
DEPARTMENT
BOOKCODE
 
When I do the cascade it creates parameters called COMPANY-BOOKCODE etc.....
 
Where am I going wrong? Angry
 
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 1:17am
Hi,
 
Once you have created the Cascading Parameter it will create 5 different Parameters .
 
for example
 
Parameter Name - Field Value
 
COMPANY will be your first value
below that select DOCTOR
below that FACILTY
Then DEPARTMENT
Then BOOKCODE......
 
Then Place Parameter Name-Company parameter in the report.
 
 
cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
moleary
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote moleary Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 5:59am
So I don't need to bind each value as a parameter?
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 7:29am
No you don't need to bind each value of parameter just bind the last value in parameter.....
 
if you don't do that you will have separate parameters created as in my previous post above  if you bind you will have one parameter created.
 
 
Cheers
Rahul


Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 12 Feb 2008 at 7:30am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum