| Author |
Message |
FECSII
Newbie
Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
|

Topic: Multiple Copies Based off a String? Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 10:25am |
|
Hello - I am trying to duplicate a report output based off a string value.
A lot of posts here referencing the need for duplicate copies for invoices, for example, that always need 3 copies or 2 copies, etc. So the entire output is consistent in 3 pages (copies) per record.
But I need a copy (or two or three, etc) based off a strings value.
I have a field that contains something like this:
Record 1 = 2|2|1
Record 2 = 1
Record 3 = 3|3|1
Record 4 = 2|2
The number of values in the string should be a count of the amount of pages needed.
So, for example amount of pages needed for:
Record 1: 2|2|1 = 3 pages
Record 2: 1 = 1 page
Record 3: 3|3|1 = 3 pages
Record 4: 2|2 = 2 pages
Random numbers between "|". I have used the split function to separate the values hoping that would help somehow.
I am not sure if this is at all possible. Any ideas?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 7:59am |
|
it is horribly inefficient but you could set your invoice up as a sub-report on details multiple times
(details a,b,c,d,e,f,g, etc.) and then suppress the details rows based on the number of copies you want
|
IP Logged |
|
FECSII
Newbie
Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
|

Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 8:20am |
|
Thank you for the reply. I was thinking to do something like that but like you stated it's not ideal.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|