| Author |
Message |
imeldajunk
Newbie
Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Topic: Parameter Filter - Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 2:28am |
|
I want to create a parameter in my report that includes Client and Region. The user selects the Client from a list, but it's the Region associated with the selected Client that is used as a filter in the report.
The data for my report does not contain Client, however it does contain Region. A number of clients can belong to the same Region.
Client1 - Region1
Client2 - Region1
Client3 - Region1
Client4 - Region2
So if I select Client3 from the parameter, I want to filter my report by Region1.
Please advise. Thanking you in advance.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:39am |
|
you will need to include the client in the data set but not necessarily in the report display. Can a a client be in more than one Region? If so, how do you handle that?
Are you expecting the user to see the region in the param or just the client?
|
IP Logged |
|
imeldajunk
Newbie
Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 1:02am |
|
Hi DBlank,
Thanks for the reply. I've figure it out, I need a cascading dynamic parameter. So the first parameter is by Client, which returns the second parameter, region. Then I can use region in the report filter. This is working to a certain extent. However, it's not auto populating the Region parameter when the client is selected. You still need to select the Region from the dropdown, even though only the region for the selected client is available.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|