Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, as I have run out...
I have a summary report that queries an SQL view and contains a CrossTab. The selection criteria is filtered by 4 selectable parameter fields:
1) Region 2) Type of Job 3) Start Date 4) End Date
With the exception of the dates, the user can select one or many from the dynamic parameter fields. The Report is Grouped initially by Region. In my CrossTab, the rows are the selected Job Type and the columns are grouped by the Month of the Job. The summarized field in the CrossTab is a Distinct Count of the JobID's. So basically, I want a monthly summary of Job Types, where the user can select the Job Types and date range for any particular Region.
My dilemma is that my Cross Tab will not include Months, if there was no activity in those months. I want it to still print the Months, regardless of whether there were no jobs, but show a count of zero. Note that if there were different Job Types during the Month, it will appear with a zero in the column for the correct Job Type, but if that month had none of the selected Job Types, the Month is skipped altogether. Somehow, I would like to have the CrossTab leave all selected Months within the Start and End Dates in the columns, but with zero's as the Distinct Count, instead of skipping those Months.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Please note that I am fairly proficient with Crystal Reports XI, and have tried everything I know, but I am relatively inexperienced with CrossTabs.