Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: How go give table alias in crystal 9 Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 2:29am
Hi.......
I have one report in crystal 9 and I want to change one of the table from the datasource. New table which I want to add have the same field like previous table..........I just want replace the old table with new one. but want to give alias to new table so that i don't have to change anything in the report. is there any other way to di that ?
Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 3:47am
in the mainmenu select database menu and in select set datasource location. select the table in the "current datasource location" pane and the new table in "replace with" pane and then click the update. if both the fields match exactly the table is updated with new table and all fields are mapped accordingly . if the fields doesn't match then, crystal shows the unmapped fields and asks to map the fields.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum