Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Select AFTER Randomized Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vcs1161
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote vcs1161 Replybullet Topic: Select AFTER Randomized
     Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 3:59am
I have a report where I am assigning randomized numbers from a whole set with different categories grouped by a person. It works fine when I want to suppress any record line > a given randomized number per person.

But then I can't get it to work when I want to isolate my select AFTER this has been done. So, I have a report where records are grouped by a person. I then want to keep only X number of randomized per person. BUT, it won't maintain the set when I want to do a select for a certain type of exam AFTER the report has processed and randomization is done.

Example:

"Person 1" has 200 record lines that are assigned randomized numbers in various categories for that person (grouped by). I want to do a select for a certain category for only those "categories" that fall between the randomized number of 1 and 35 under that "Person 1". In the end I still need a fair share of assorted "categories" for that person.

Is this where I can use the evaluation time or whileprinting records in some way?

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum