Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
werd1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote werd1 Replybullet Topic: Suppressing Subreports
     Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 10:22am
Hello,
I'm having a problem passing a shared variable from a suppressed subreport to my main report.
In the subreport, I have a formula that sets the variable. I don't need any of the data inside the subreport, just the shared variable. Thats why I need to suppress the subreport. I only need the shared variable to use in the main report. Everything works as it should until I suppress the subreport.
Does anyone know of a way that I can still use the shared variable from the subreport when its suppressed?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
 
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2008 at 3:32am
Hi ...
 
Dont' Suppress the subreport,Place the formula for the shared variable in which ever section of the subreport you want and suppress the formula ...
 
just a note see that the subreport prints before you use the shared variable in main report.
 
cheers
Rahul


Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 30 Jan 2008 at 3:34am
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 7:15am
As an alternate method, try sizing the subreport to be a single line (make sure Can Grow is off!).  This will make it effectively invisible, and yet Crystal will still process it.


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum