Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Topic: Self Restricting Join Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 6:56am
Can we do self restricting join on a table.? Like my table contains data for all countries but when I only want USA data. When ever i use anything from country table, It needs to restrict data for USA. Like in Business Objects, we can edit the join. Can we do it in Crystal.?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 8:10am
This won't be an edit on the join, it will be part of your record selection criteria for the report.
In a BO Universe, a self restricting join just adds a line to the Where clause in the SQL. In Crystal you have to add it to the selection criteria to get the same result unless you're using the universe to provide data for your report.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 7:33am
The easiest way would be to have them use a universe as a data source. Another option would be to create views in your database and have them use that. Business Views might work, but I've not used them and I seem to recall hearing that they're going to be deprecated in favor of universes (I may be wrong about that, but I think I remember hearing something about it....)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 7:46am
Thanks..! I was trying to mimic the functionality in designer with Business Views. I am looking how Bussiness views design is different than universe design. Only advantage so far i have seen is we can change the data sources dynamically.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum